Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Recipe Wednesday

Before going grocery shopping Monday evening, I did some browsing on one of my favorite recipe sites, allrecipes.com, and did a search for lasagna recipes. Came across some great things, but opted instead for a lasagna soup! Made it tonight and it was, in the words of Rachael Ray, DELISH!



And now for the recipe:

Ingredients:

  • 1 pound ground beef
  • 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder (and fresh garlic if you choose)
  • 4 cups of Seasoned Beef Broth
  • 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
  • 1/4 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
  • 1 1/2 cups uncooked mafalda or corkscrew-shaped pasta (I used Mini Fusilli)
  • 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Directions:

  1. Cook beef with garlic in skillet until browned. Pour off fat.
  2. Add broth, tomatoes and Italian seasoning. Heat to a boil.
  3. Stir in pasta. Cook over medium heat 10 min. or until pasta is done. Stir in cheese. Serve with additional cheese if desired.
...and here are my extra add ons...I also cut up about a quarter of an onion and added that in. In addition to this, I also used fresh chopped garlic with the meat, not just garlic powder. And instead of mixing the cheese in as it was cooking, I grated it and put it on top before serving. And as you can see from the picture, enjoy with some garlic bread and a nice glass of red wine.

This meal really was easy and yummy! Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. wow that sounds good. I might have to try that next week. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yummO!
    I love rachel ray! that recipe looks good

    ReplyDelete
  3. Made this the other night and took some over to my parents. This recipe got 10 thumbs up! I give it unlimited stars for how easy it is to prepare. Thanks for sharing. Scrappin Not Nappin

    ReplyDelete