Saturday, March 29, 2008

flat ware



While on spring break, my family and I went to visit my grandparents. While visiting my grandmother dragged my mom and I down to her basement where she showed us some beautiful china that was given to her by a friend. Apparently her friend had another friend who recently passed away. The woman didn't have any family and the china did not have a home. Somehow it ended up in grandmother's basement, homeless. Thankfully, I was willing to help out and give it a new home! And the crazy thing is, after bringing it home, my mom and I looked it up online and found out that it's worth way more money than we expected. We told my grandparents and my grandfather thinks he should get it back now. Says he could use it to make some money on ebay...which is funny, because last time I checked, my grandfather can barely check his email. Good thing he was kidding. It's already found a new home!

4 comments:

  1. That's gorgeous! I had some similar plates, but in green, and totally regret that I gave it away to Goodwill!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are beautiful.
    What kind are they?
    I have a similar service but it is green also.
    Mine is Kensington Staffordshire Ironstone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that china is absolutely gorgeous!!!...lucky you!
    ;) angie (craftyscrapr)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That china is beautiful!! It's transferware with hand coloring, right?

    ReplyDelete