Monday, March 10, 2008

tomatoes, cheese, and mac




Since I was a little girl, I have always loved ketchup on my mac & cheese. A little strange, but it's my favorite. And I only eat homemade mac & cheese. None of that box junk for me. Most my life I have always gotten weird looks from others when they see me pour my ketchup on my mac & cheese, so that's why I was so happy when I found this great recipe a year ago that combines tomato soup into the mac & cheese. No more weird looks. And those who laughed before, actually like this combination. There have been willing taste testers! So, if you and your little ones or you and your friends enjoy some good mac & cheese, please try out my version, I think you'd like it.

Ingredients:
1 pound macaroni
1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
1 1/4 cups milk
3 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
8 tablespoons butter, divided
1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Pour in pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
2. In large bowl, combine macaroni, soup, milk, cheese and 6 tablespoons butter. Pour into 9x13 baking dish. Top with bread crumbs and dot with remaining butter. Bake for 45 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly.
3. Enjoy with friends and family :)

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the recipe. I may have to make this for dinner one night for my boys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ketchup on Mac & Cheese is very common up here. That recipe does sound yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds good we are going to have to try your mac & cheese. Thank you for the recipe!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Luv those recipes...going to have to print them out...but they're making me hungry...mmmmmm...TFS

    ReplyDelete