Monday, April 21, 2008

tulips & monuments

I had a pretty wonderful weekend. I got to be touristy in our nation's capital. Got to see lots of tulips in Washington DC's tulip library. Had food in a diner at 2 am. Stayed up till 3 am. Picked out shoes for my bridesmaids. Ate some wonderful Thai food prepared by a friend who is a much better chef than me. Frolicked in the pouring rain. But most importantly, I got to see old, wonderful, true friends. It was a nice weekend away....but I won't lie. I really missed my fiancee and Layla. The two of them spent their weekend together having fun going on hikes and taking naps together. It was nice coming home to a wagging tail and kisses!(I took pictures in front of the monuments to show my kids.)

Hope your week is off to a good start. Mine started well, as I took the day off after my busy weekend of traveling. This meant I got to get some extra sleep, catch up on reading, enjoy a nice lunch out with my fiancee, and now I feel very ready to tackle another week of school!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a fun weekend! I have never been to DC and would love to go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pics! I love DC!! I hope to go soon to see a friend :)

    ReplyDelete