Wednesday, May 14, 2008

day 2 of nyc

I am such a liar. Definitely didn't update with another post last night like I said I was going to do. Oops?

Moving on...Saturday in New York was nice. My sister had an event she had to do at work, so my mom and I went out exploring together. Kind of a funny sight since we had no idea what we were really doing. But we actually made it out okay. Our morning started with bagels from my sister's neighborhood bagel shop. YUM. Bagels are one of my favorite things to eat for breakfast, and they're even better when they come from NY I've decided. I love flower stands! They were all over the place thereMy sister's street in the upper east side

We went to SoHo and saw all the fun shops and neat things on the street. Eventually made it to Chinatown where I was a little overwhelmed by the massive amounts of people and fake purses. After making it through the mob that was Chinatown, we ended up on Mulberry Street, also known as Little Italy. My sister ended up meeting us there for lunch, which by the way, had the greatest marinara sauce I've ever had in my 24 years of life.An amazing paper store I found in SoHo called Kate's Paperie. It's full of all sorts of incredible paper and craft products. So many beautiful things. I wanted to take the whole store home with me. The American Crafts section at Kate's Paperie...I was drooling at this pointThe Scholastic Bookstore in SoHo...Elementary teacher's dream store!A little bit of Chinatown
Little ItalyLunch at Positano

Saturday night we got to see Legally Blonde: The Muscial. Cute show! And, it's still a newer show so we saw the orignial broadway cast. That was a first for me! My sister was able to get us cheap tickets through her job, so that was another plus!
My sis and I in Times Square after the play

More fun was had on Sunday...but that's another post for another time!

8 comments:

  1. rachel---your pics are like eye candy! this is my first time visiting your blog and i LOVE the pictures! isn't nyc the best place? i loved it there!

    my 3rd grader just finished up her standardized testing this week and boy, is she fried!

    have a fantastic week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww..looks like you had a blast in NYC. I love all your pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. NYC is so fun! I've only been there once though. OMG at the AC stand in the SB store - YUMMY! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That paper store looks amazing! Incredibly gorgeous. Thanks for the sweet comments on my blog, made me smile. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing pictures! i LOVE your sister's street; I used to dream about living THERE!! I would have loved the Scholastic store too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I felt like I was right back in NYC looking at your pics!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to visit NY so badly & even more after seeing all of your fantastic pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm in heaven looking at the pictures of that paper store!! I really, really want to go to NYC now :)

    ReplyDelete