Tuesday, June 3, 2008

cheap finds and a RAK!

Only 7 more days....how does one even begin to put their excitement into words? There were many days I thought this time of year would never come. Cannot believe we're down to the end! And next week, we're not even taking attendance, so who even knows how many students will show up.

In other exciting news, my lovely bridesmaids are throwing me a shower/bachelorette party this weekend. Looking forward to seeing many friends and having fun. It'll be a nice break in my busy life, as all I've focused on for the past week is interviewing for new jobs and moving/packing.

I visited Big Lots this weekend and scored some AMAZING deals. We're talking American Crafts letter stickers for $1 and AC rubons for $2. You can't be that. Also got some Basic Grey, Heidi Grace, and K&Company things. As I was shopping my basket got so full, but I was so happy to see my total on the cash register! A pleasantly low number! In honor of my cheap finds, I bought some extras to do a little RAK. I have received some incredible things via my wonderful scrap friends on the internet. Everything from an adorable scrap tote, to cute embellishments, to an AMAZING journal that is on it's way to me now (can't wait Heather!). So, with that said, I think it's time to have a little RAK of my own. Even if it's not much, I know that a small package in the mail makes anyones day brighter! If you want to win my RAK, just leave me a comment telling me one song you love listening to in the summer. It can be new or old....just something that makes you feel summer. I love having seasonal playlists on my iPod, so post your favorite song! Good luck :)

Oh....and ps...here's a picture of what you're playing for...
I'll pick my winner sometime on Friday!

20 comments:

  1. Right now I am stuck on Celine Dion's Taking chances, and then of course anything Tim McGraw (shocked I know) School is out for me, I too was so happy for it to be out this year, I was worse than the kids...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rachel, isn't Big Lots fantastic? I love it for other things as well, not just SB stuff.

    To answer your question...right now, John Mayer Say is one of my favorite love-ish songs. Something about it, maybe the guitar, reminds me a spring/summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kokomo by the Beach Boys, I loved it in Cocktail the movie, and rediscovered it when I deployed to Port au Prince Haiti in 2004 (that's in the song)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so love Big Lots when I can find stuff! What a fun RAK!

    I love to listen to Norah Jones' "Come Away With Me." It's so calming and it makes me think of a rainy summer night. I love listening to her stuff while I scrap. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kara Marie6/3/08, 7:53 PM

    One of my favorite summer time songs is the Counting Crows version of "paved paradise to put up a parking lot"... I'm sure it has a real name, but I don't know it! Anyway, that one always makes me smile!
    Kara

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool RAK! I'm been stuck on old Blondie (her punk rock stuff).

    ReplyDelete
  7. I went to my first Big Lots last week on our trip to MS. and it was in AR.The one that I went to didnt have a lot of stuff, I probably got there before they stocked...Looks like you found a lot of stuff though...good for you...

    I am a Brooks and Dunn fan all the way and anything they sing is my favorite...but my most favorite summer song, is "A little Afternoon Delight"...I think that is the name and I am not sure who the group is...that is a very old song that I just love .... Wishing you the best in your upcoming wedding....Retirednrse

    ReplyDelete
  8. My favorite song of all time is "What a Wonderful World" by Louis Armstrong. The first few verses are very much summer-like.

    Another favorite song of mine is "You are My Sunshine." I sing it to my dog Bosco all the time.

    An old favorite sunny song is "Walking on Sunshine." It's a great summer song.

    The song that was mentioned "paved paradise and put up a parking lot" is titled "Big Yellow Taxi." It's done by the Counting Crows and also by Joni Mitchell. I have it by both on my iTunes playlist. It's one of my favorites.

    I really love finding good deals at Big Lots. I haven't seen many good deals in my stores lately. I will have to go back and look, though.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My big lots has had squat...everytime I think maybe I'll luck out they still have the same ole stuff...grrrrrrrrr...glad you found some goodies...I luv the song "Summer Lovin" the one that plays in GREASE...which is one of my favorite movies...Thanks for doing a RAK...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the song "It's 5 o'clock Somewhere" because this summer, it's going to be 5 o'clock all summer long!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Okay...so are you ready for some PURE cheesiness? LOL! Summer time has a great playlist, but Will Smith's "Summertime" is an absolute MUST! It's just too fun! It is so fun to see you so excited about the end of the school year! Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I wish we had a Big Lots here! looks like you found some great deals! I love listening to "The Boys of Summer" by Don Henley.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Do bird songs count? I love the sounds of singing birds early in the morning. As far as music, I really like to listen to summery-like songs. Anything Beach Boys, that is for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice idea for a RAK. California Dreamin' by the Mama's & The Papa's. Love that song.

    ReplyDelete
  15. aw man mylee took my song (it's actually my ringtone lol) but jimmy buffet's "margaritaville" is a close 2nd

    what a great score at big lots - wish mine had more descent stuff :(

    enjoy the rest of your "school year"

    kelly (born2scrap)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love going to Big Lots!! They have such crazy-good deals sometimes.

    One of my favorite summer songs is "Jessie's Girl." It's an oldie, but a goodie :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for offering the RAK. I can never find anything good at my Big Lots.
    I would have to say that anything by Guster reminds me of summer. My high school boyfriend and I would ride around in his Mustang convertible and listen to their cds. When I think of summer that is what I think of.
    ~Lauren/lkh33

    ReplyDelete
  18. wow, you scored!!!...favorite summer songs: margaritaville and anything by kenny chesney...
    ;) angie (AMR: craftyscrapr)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great Big Lots find!!!

    As far as songs go, I've been really loving John Michael Carroll's "Livin' Our Love Song". It's a song about still being together when others didn't think it would last.

    My DH & I will be married 11 years in the fall, & he is 24 years older. I know that some people I know thought I was making a mistake, but look at us! Still going strong!

    Kim
    destiny1

    ReplyDelete
  20. Woohooo! Gotta love Big Lots! Thank you!

    I love almost everything. DH always teases me that I'm the only person he knows who can have Eminem followed by Barry Manilow on their iPod.

    ReplyDelete