- Went to visit the fiancee for the weekend and to celebrate 4th of July. We had a great weekend together. Looking forward to being back down there full time.
- Let Layla swim around in the kiddie pool at the dog park, and let her pretend to swim in the river. She's too much of a chicken to really swim, instead she just paws at the water and puts her head under.
- Picked up the wedding bands!! And picked up my engagement ring which had been resized. It's so sparkly and for the first time since I got it in December, it fits without feeling tight!
- Signed paperwork for my new job! I am getting pretty excited for a new year, in a new school, with new people!
- Went with my little brother to buy a Wii! He has a pet sitting service and has been saving his money like crazy, and last week he finally managed to get a Wii. I think it says a lot about a 13 year old who has that kind of work ethic and ability to save his money. Very proud of my little bro.
- RSVP's....for anyone who has ever planned any event, large or small, you know how crazy and frustrating RSVP's can be. You send out 130 invites, and only 75% come back. Not very fun. This past week has consisted of a lot of phone calls, emails, and messages to friends and family to find out if they're planning on attending.
- Pico de Gallo...I used Pioneer Woman's recipe to make this yummy treat (and it was DELISH), but ran into a few problems with the jalapenos. My nose and hands both had a serious reaction, but all was well thanks to the fiancee who was able to remedy the problems with some milk. Pictures were taken that involved my nose dipped in milk, but I don't think I'll be sharing those for all to see. Try bribing me and we'll see what I can do.
- Watched this drama and this romantic comedy, and I loved them both!
- Watched a lot of this, courtesy of my parents' DVR. By a lot, I am talking about 20-25 episodes. I know...I need to find better ways to fill my time. But I am seriously addicted to the chaos that is this family's everyday life. My mother can't stand when I watch it. She complains about all the screaming in the background, but it really just enthralls me. I don't know how they do it.
- And finally, went last night to have my bridal portraits done. We had them done at the location of where the reception will be held and I am so anxious and excited to see how they turn out! Our photographer was so great, and after our long session yesterday, I am more than confident that she will do a fabulous job at the wedding! We were there for a little over 2 hours, and it made everything start to feel a little more real since I had the dress on with the jewelry, the shoes, the makeup, the pretty hair. The real thing is going to be here soon!
Wednesday, July 9, 2008
It's been a whole week since my last post. Things are starting to get pretty crazy around here now that the wedding is just 17 (well, technically 16 now!) days away. Things are coming together, but it's been crazy, to say the least! I'll do a top ten in the life of Rachel to sum up the past week.