Tuesday, July 1, 2008

wedding program sneak peek

So I promised a sneak peek at my handmade wedding programs in my last post. Before I got started on these, I thought I might be crazy for undertaking this project, but I am loving the way that they're turning out, and quite pleased with myself! My mom and I have been hard at work, and the finished product is going to look great!

Ever wondered what 200 sheets of brown Bazzill looks like after being punched with a Martha Stweart border punch? Here's a look:
My poor hands and elbows! 200 sheets is a LOT! Luckily though, I bought 2 punches and my mom was able to help me get through it all. We messed up a few, but I can now call each of us a pro at this whole border punch thing!

Now as for the rest of the peeks, these are all bits and pieces of the program being worked on...can't wait to post the whole thing when we're all done!

Eek! According to my countdown widget (ps I am still LOVING my new macbook), we're down to 24 days, 16 hours, 33 min, and 19 seconds!!

11 comments:

  1. Holy Smokes! I bet it seems more real each day! They are going to be fabulous! Are you using a brighter pink or softer pink????
    J

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look fabulous!! Not much longer now!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yikes! that's so close and there's still so much to do!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe you are making all of those invites but good for you. What a special memory you will have forever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, how exciting... love the program sneak peek! I remember my wedding... I did lots of my own stuff, too.. hard work, but I wouldn't have wanted it any other way... and it turned out perfect, as will your wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww, they are looking gorgeous!! I can't wait to see the final product! (still coveting your macbook - it is on my 'short list')

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't wait to see the finished pieces! Love the font you used ...beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The programs are looking wonderful and I love your colors. I know nothing about all the scrappy work you do except how beautiful it is.
    I will be thinking of you on the 26th with fond wishes.
    jessicamae3's mom

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are looking great! HUGE kudos to you and your mom for making HANDMADE programs - i'm sure everyone will be so impressed!!

    On another note - i tagged you, see my blog for details. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, I bet they will turn out beautifully. Now that is dedication!

    ReplyDelete