Tuesday, September 30, 2008

delightful diners


While at the wedding in Wilmington this weekend, my mom, husband, and I went to find a tasty brunch spot on Sunday morning before our drives back to VA. We found a place called The Dixie Grill that sat not too far off the river walk. It had a big crowd of people out front, so we figured it had to be pretty good. And boy, were we were right! This place was wonderful. Delicious food in a "no frills" atmosphere. Just what I am looking for in a breakfast joint! My mom and I both had the fried green tomato BLT (o-m-g people...why have I never thought of such a heavenly meal before?) and J had some crazy eggs/potatoes/sausage concoction that looked too good to be true.
Moral of this post: If you find yourself in Wilmington, NC, The Dixie Grill is not to be missed!

4 comments:

  1. wow, i am going to remember this...we have been talking about a day trip to wilmington!....

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK IM SOOOO GONNA HAVE TO MAKE ME ONE OF THOSE NOW. I LOVE me some fried green tomatoes! and who can go wrong with bacon ahhahaa

    ReplyDelete
  3. You could be a restaurant reviewer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the photography - you are so good!!

    ReplyDelete