Tuesday, September 16, 2008

three capes scenic loop

Upon arriving at our B&B, we found a binder full of things to do in the area. It had menus, schedules, ideas, all sorts of things. One two page idea was the three capes scenic loop. The innkeepers had a lot of their own notes on here, full of little details that we never would have caught on our own. The Loop started us at the dunes. These were GIANT dunes not far from where we were staying that had evergreens frowing in the middle of them. Not something we're used to seeing by the Atlantic! There were a lot of ATV'ers out riding around, and we naturally looked funny sneaking onto the dunes to catch a photo.

These next few photos are from Cape Lookout State Park. What an incredible view we had here. Just gorgeous. Again, living in the middle Atlantic, we're not used to seeing the ocean from the side of a mountain. It was around this part of the day that I decided I could permanently live out on west coast.



There's much more to the three capes adventure, but I think I'll stop here. Our next stop on the trip was my favorite, but I think it deserves its own post. Stay tuned!

4 comments:

  1. Rachel, I am so glad you got to experience MY coast! Three capes area is my favorite to visit. I love Oceanside, I hope you were able to make it there, you can see the San Andreas fault going up the hill! I think this part of the Oregon Coast is the most beautful, I am always in awe when I am there, and always at peace! I am so glad you had a good time, and I can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is some amazing photography....then again with gorgeous landscape like that, ow can you go wrong!
    {hugs}

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I would have said I could live there too!! And possibly run a B&B!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW what gorgeous photos! Looks like you guys had a great time!

    ReplyDelete