- Have finished setting up a classroom
- Had nightmares about the first day of school
- Enjoyed a weekend in the mountains
- Swam in the river with my dog, who didn't really love the swimming part as much as the rest of us
- Have discovered a new found interest in Paul Simon
- Learned a new card game
- Took my husband on an adventure in middle of nowhere Virginia, where we managed to find a piece of my history.
- Welcomed 19 fourth graders into my classroom with a high five, handshake, or hug (their choice)!
- Smiled at the end of my first day, because for the first time since I started this crazy teaching thing, I realized that I might actually be kinda good at it.
Tuesday, September 2, 2008
a tiny update
In the past 7 days I: