Tuesday, September 2, 2008

a tiny update

In the past 7 days I:
  • Have finished setting up a classroom
  • Had nightmares about the first day of school
  • Enjoyed a weekend in the mountains
  • Swam in the river with my dog, who didn't really love the swimming part as much as the rest of us
  • Have discovered a new found interest in Paul Simon
  • Learned a new card game
  • Took my husband on an adventure in middle of nowhere Virginia, where we managed to find a piece of my history.
  • Welcomed 19 fourth graders into my classroom with a high five, handshake, or hug (their choice)!
  • Smiled at the end of my first day, because for the first time since I started this crazy teaching thing, I realized that I might actually be kinda good at it.

5 comments:

  1. glad that you are feeling good about the school year...the 1st day is always alot of fun!!!...best wishes for a fabulous school year!!!...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you had a great weekend and I hope the rest of the school year was as good as the first day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YaY!! tackling the fourth grade..isn't it going to be great!?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooray for high-fives and handshakes!! Glad the first day was a good one!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad this is turning out to be a better experience for you!!!!
    I am also happy your husband and you are having such a grand time!

    ReplyDelete