Sunday, October 5, 2008

french onion soup

Went to early church this morning, went for a little walk on the beach where I found a little sea glass, and made myself a big bowl of yummy soup tonight. Would ya like to see?
I got this great cookbook at my wedding kitchen shower from a friend of my mom. I have always loved french onion soup, but have been afraid to make it on my own. I didn't want to screw it up, and I was afraid it would not live up to my expectations. On Friday as I was flipping through this cookbook, I saw the recipe and thought...why not? And ya know what people? It turned out GREAT. So delicious that my husband said I can make it again in a week. That's quite the compliment, if you ask me.

I also made my own croutons for this yummy meal!

This was so easy, and the croutons were way better than anything I could have bought from the store. We had some leftover, stale french bread that we ate with spaghetti last week. I coated it in olive oil and rubbed it with a peeled garlic clove, and then chopped it up into crouton size pieces. I baked it on a cookie sheet at 325 for about 15 minutes. If you're gonna make the soup, this is the way to go with the croutons. Way yummier, and way easy!

5 comments:

  1. Okay...first I hate onions, but this looks so darn good, I'm seriously re-thinking my position. I mean, really, the last time I had an onions was years ago...maybe they taste better.

    Oh, well it looks absolutely delicious. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUMMMMMM Now I want some soup and THOSE croutons lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. was it as good as panera's french onion soup????

    ReplyDelete
  4. this looks yummmy....is the recipe online?...gonna have to try those croutons, too....

    ReplyDelete