Saturday, November 22, 2008

bunco!

Last night I learned how to play Bunco. Has anyone else ever played this game? Several years ago, I watched this ridiculous special on Lifetime about an Annual Bunco Tournament in Las Vegas. While watching it with friends, we all joked and agreed that this silly game of luck was for goofy old ladies and/or housewives who have too much time on their hands, and we'd never be caught dead playing it. I was wrong. Last night I got talked into going to my schools monthly bunco night. I signed up to go, mainly to spend time with coworkers so I could get to know them better, and also because I heard the food was pretty awesome each month. Both of these things were true. I ended up having a lot of fun with the women I work with, some who I was already friends with, some who we had never said more than three words to each other before last night. And the food...it really was incredible. And little did I know that these ladies like to drink more then my friends from college. Watching my 60 year old coworkers take shots of Wild Turkey and dance around to The Pussycat Dolls...that's an entertaining Friday night. I am glad I went, I am glad I work with such fun teachers, and I am glad that life in general is just ten times better at my new job. Even if that means spending my weekends playing the silly game of Bunco.

1 comment:

  1. oh my goodness!!!...60 yr olds doing shots and dancing?!?!?!....how funny!...sounds like you work with an awesome bunch of teachers...you get a better impression of them in a setting like that!...

    ReplyDelete