Tuesday, November 18, 2008

freezing cold

It's been so cold here today. Too bad our apartment has not turned on the heat. I don't know how much longer I'm gonna be able to take this. It is 39 out...and we have no heat.

Also going on in my life, more Kagan training for school. I'm learning things, but being out is quite a chore. I spent so much time making sub plans yesterday. I just hope that something is being accomplished while I am away.

The illness that hit me hard Friday is still hanging around, except now it's all in my chest. Breathing hasn't been easy and I've been doped up on cough medicine for the past five days. Robitussin isn't very yummy. And one can only sniff so much Vick's vapor rub before getting sick of the smell.

Tried another new recipe on Sunday. It was good. Not great, but good. J and his buddy who had dinner with us loved it. I just thought it was so-so. I did sub black beans for refried beans, and I threw in a lot of cilantro (yum!). I would recommend both of these if you try making it. Ours was also a veggie version with no ground beef. Let me know if you make it!


4 comments:

  1. recipe looks yummy :)

    We had a gorgeous 75 degree day here today..not to rub it in or anything!!! I went for a run in a tank top & capris....ahhh, think I got a little sunburned today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks yummy. I can't believe you don't have heat.... brrr. It's cold here too... 29.

    ReplyDelete
  3. dinner looked yummy!!

    We had about 3 inches of snow today..i'm not ready for this weather yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha, cold?

    How about a high of 32 degrees yesterday and today? And tomorrow. And we'll be lucky to get there. Right now it's 23. I hope I'm ready for this New Hampshire winter.

    ReplyDelete