Wednesday, November 12, 2008

looking back and growing up


Tonight I had coffee with a dear friend from college who recently moved to my town. What a nice way to spend my evening. Catching up, reminiscing, and talking about current events in our "adult" lives. It's funny how much has changed since we were in college. It's funny that while we were sophomores, we used to watch cheesy Lifetime or ABC Family movies and talk about what it would be like when we were married. It's funny that each of our lives is so different now than it was 5 years ago when we met...but it's different in such a wonderful, unexpected way.

I love being an adult, and I know I am very blessed to be where I am in my life now, but there are times like tonight, that I think back to college, and the friends I had there, and the wonderful memories I have from my five years (I did four undergrad years, one grad year), and a small part of me misses that life. To be care-free, to stay up till two in the morning every night, to eat with your friends all the time, to living in a 12 x 12 foot room....I miss it. This post is, as I am sure, a feeling most twenty-somethings go through, and I know it will pass, but I know that I am lucky to have had five incredible years. They were five years where I grew, I changed, and I became the person I am now.

Here are two awesome articles I found on Relevant (which I loooove) a few years back that I just adore. I think they both sum up my feelings, and each writer puts my thoughts and fears on paper so well. One & Two.

I am lucky to look back and have such wonderful memories and friends, and even more fortunate to have so many great things and people in my life today.

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you had a chance to be with your friend last night!
    Wait til your in your late 30s and look back!
    hehe

    ReplyDelete