Sunday, January 4, 2009

last day

Tomorrow school starts again. While I am mostly dreading the 5 am wake-ups and long exhausting days, a part of me is a little excited to go back and see my kids. I got pretty lucky this year. Some of my students are the sweetest, funniest, and kindest kids I've ever been around. Just don't tell them I missed 'em over the break!

I went in to school this morning to get some stuff done before tomorrow morning. When I left on Dec. 19, I left without prepping anything for the first day back. It felt good to go in and know it's all organized and ready for us tomorrow. Well, at least as ready as it can be. What teacher is ever fully, 100% prepared?

Took my picture of the day at school of my desk which you can (sort of) see the top of for the first time since January. Maybe I'll try to work on that in the coming year!

4 comments:

  1. Is it bad that I am counting the days til our next day off? I have not been back since we left on the 18th, we got iced out of our last day...but Teachers Inst. tomorrow kids Tuesday! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel, hope you had a great day back to school! I love my new sewing machine and I have a tip for you. Buy clear thread and always have it in the bobbin. This way you don't have to change the color of your bobbin thread when you change colors. It has been a life saver!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like Jenns tip!!!
    Oh, I rem going back.....I love the pic of your desk!
    Good luck today...they are just about gearing up to get bonkers over valentines day...and then I suppose you can get some teaching in...although, they will be gearing up for end of school.....suppose that's how years fly by and before long, YOU ARE A VETERAN teacher! have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops, Michael is my husband! :o)
    I didn't change google accounts! Jessica

    ReplyDelete