Tuesday, January 20, 2009

no snow.

All day yesterday, the weathermen in our area spoke of a "winter storm" we were supposed to see here. We live near the coast, and it's been about four years since they saw some real snow. We get dustings, but that's about it. When I went to bed last night they had already put out a winter storm advisory and were saying we'd get between three and five inches. The teacher in me was excited by this. My three day weekend was most likely turning into a four day weekend. I like the sound of that.

I awake at 2:30, get out of bed, look out the window. Nothing.

3:30? Nothing.

4:30? Nothing.

Alarm goes off at 5:45, nothing. I take the dog out, grumpy about the weather and having to go to work, and I start my morning routine. About six o'clock the phone rings and I answer to hear a recording from my district telling me that school will be closed today due to the anticipation of winter weather? Imagine my surprise when I turn on the television to find out that each of our surrounding districts have closed for the day, as well. At about this time, poor husband's cell phone rings so he can hear the same message I had just heard moments ago. Since he's my emergency contact, he got the pleasure of hearing I didn't have to go to work today.

At this time, the meterologist on the local news is still predicting snow for us. She was saying we'd still be getting around two to three inches.

I took a nap. No snow.

Watched our country swear in a new president. No snow.

Told my husband about 100 times that I think the Obama girls are just too cute for their own good. No snow.

Did some scrapbooking (see here!). No snow.

Here it is, 6:00 PM, and the ground is just as bare now as it was yesterday at this time. I was planning on making today's picture of the day relate to the inauguration, but I felt it was only appropriate to take this picture instead.

I guess I got my four day weekend. And although I was hoping to see some snow, I'm not going to complain!

5 comments:

  1. Want me to send you some snow? We've got at least a foot of nice powder on the ground here.

    School's still open though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that winter storm yall were supposed to get came through central nc. Raleigh got 3 inches. i hope you get the winter storm next time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's funny.

    We got 56 inches of snow in two months. I would be happy to share it with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heeheehee ... it was like that for us a few months ago when Hurricane Fay was supposed to plow through our area. Schools were closed for 3 days and all we got was some rain -- no winds, nothing else. And they took those 3 days back out of our Thanksgiving and Christmas break schedules! Ugh. Glad you had some fun though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yea for no school! I guess boo for no snow, although I'd take no snow since my world is covered in snow right now.

    ReplyDelete