Saturday, January 17, 2009

why didn't anyone tell me?

When I was in high school, I started highlighting my dark hair. I highlighted it for about eight years, and then in the spring of 2007, I decided it was time to stop, and since then I have been growing my hair out. I like that my hair has been so healthy for the past year and a half, but today, after transferring lots of old pictures and files from my old computer to my new(ish) laptop, it occurred to me that my hair looks horrible right now. The dark hair does nothing for me! Why have I been rocking these dark locks for over a year? Craziness, I suppose. Next Saturday I am going home to visit my family, and I've already scheduled an appointment with my favorite hairdresser there to get rid of the ugly brown look I've got going on. Be on the lookout for a new and improved Rachel!

8 comments:

  1. I don't think the brown is ugly, but the lighter hair really suits you! Have fun with the makeover ;) Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the darker color! I am a brunette, so I may be biased ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look beautiful with both colors, silly! Thanks for the sharing that link for recipes and for still stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you look fab both ways. I always go a little darker in winter time. I cant wait to see waht you decide

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to color my hair one day...not because I want to be lighter...or darker...I just do not want to be grayer!
    Age....children....teaching kindergarten...........LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. you look gorgeous either way!!

    and thanks for stopping by, by the way! its so fun to make new blogger friends!

    also...i love scrapbooking too!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. i think that either color your hair is will look fabulous!...i am in the same situation as you...mine has not had any type of color on it for over a year!...make sure to take b/f and after pics...

    ReplyDelete