Tuesday, February 10, 2009

another day

Today wasn't such a great day at school. I was impatient with my students and coworkers. It's so easy to get frustrated in teaching. I just need to constantly remind myself that these little people I spend my day with are only nine and ten. I can only expect so much from them.

Tomorrow is another day. And it's going to be a good one. We're going on a field trip to hear the Virginia Symphony . And my kids are actually pretty excited. The girls are all dressing up because as they told me today, they want to look "classy."

So, now let's focus on some positives. Some good things in my life right now:

Yesterday after work I stopped by Target to pick up some baskets to organize our linen closet. Since moving in, this closet has been a mess. Nothing is easy to find, and there was no method to the madness. Everything was just thrown onto shelves. Thanks to twelve very well spent dollars, the closet is looking like you can find what you need it. This is a first and it feels so nice!

This is my way of sneaking in chocolate to my life. This doesn't mean I don't eat any other chocolate, but I am trying to eat less. Eating one of these doesn't make me feel so guilty. And best of all, they're so yummy!


And finally, this is an excerpt I got from a parent of a student today:

LAST BUT NOT LEAST, FRIDAY YOU GOT THE ULTIMATE COMPLIMENT.
*STUDENT* JUST OUT OF THE BLUE SAID "MOM MRS. W IS MY MOST FAVORITE TEACHER I HAVE EVER HAD, AND I DONT THINK I'LL EVER HAVE ANOTHER TEACHER AS GOOD AND NICE AS SHE IS." I TOLD HIM HE SHOULD TELL YOU BUT DOUBT THAT HE DID. HE ALSO SAID YOU TOOK JOKES REAL WELL WITHOUT GETTING MAD. JUST THOUGHT YOU SHOULD KNOW. WE ALL THINK YOU ARE GREAT!


It put a little tear in my eye...maybe I am doing something right!

8 comments:

  1. Hold those letters close to your heart and go forth knowing you truly are making an impact on these children!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found your blog from through another teacher blogger and couldn't help but noticing that you too have a dog named Leila, teach, scrapbook and like Ali Edwards. Here's to good taste!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww... what a beautiful sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. fudgesicles= heaven on earth! and what a nice compliment from your student. looks like you are doing A LOT of things right! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw how sweet!! What a precious compliment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet note!!! You must be an amazing teacher. I have worked with a lot of parents in schools and not all of them are so excited about their kids' teachers.

    By the way...I think I'm going to buy a furminator!! Did you try any of the de-shedding shampoo or food supplements? I'm wondering if they work and if I should get them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet note! I hope tomorrow is a good day in your classroom!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't you just love the way you feel after you have organized something? It's the best!

    ReplyDelete