Thursday, February 19, 2009

the duck


This picture was taken on August 13, 2007. The day I got Layla. Her back story is truly crazy, but that's for another time and post. Today's post is more about her duck. Her gross, stinky but very loved duck. Notice how pretty and yellow it is in the photo above. When our friend, Ms. B., brought Layla to me on this day, Layla sort of came with this duck. She took it out with her every time you took her out for the bathroom, and she tried her hardest to bring it on all walks. For our first few months together, the duck had a battery operated quacker (I'm pretty sure this was never meant to be a dog toy!). Whenever she bit on it the wrong way, it'd start to quack and scare the living day lights out of the dumb dog. She's not the brightest. Anyhow, after a few short months together, I noticed the quacker was gone. And the duck was starting to lose it's pretty yellow coat. It was full of holes and fading. Here we are, a year and a half later, and this gross duck still has a place in our home...


I hate to say it Layla, but I think your duck is on his last life. He probably won't be around much longer. Your poor mom has become disgusted enough by him, and she's willing to buy you new toys. She knows they'll never live up to your first love, but it's time. Say goodbye!

7 comments:

  1. NOOO! Don't do it! Give it a bath or sew it up again, but he'll never forgive you if you get rid of it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least she kept it for a year! My pup isn't allowed to have stuffed toys anymore because she rips them up in 10 minutes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is soooo cute. Logan, my pup from back home had a doll, we called dolly (I know, so original, huh?). After a long time, Dolly was eventually ripped to smithereens and to this day Logan will still search the house for her if you say her name. But, sometimes you just have to let those nasty things go. hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see the best layout happening about this! Great story and funny thanks for sharing
    PS it is friday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO cute. My old dog did the same thing. He carted around his "babies" till they wore out. He used to actually nuzzle them! My current dog just tears them to pieces immediately, extracting the squeeker first, of course:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do NOT get rid of that duck! Mrs. B would be very angry if you did!!! Your blog looks beautiful...love the new layout.

    ReplyDelete
  7. awwwh, my doggy has so many like this too and i cannot bring myself to throw them away. maybe you can sew it? my dog only likes the stuffed animals that aren't really for dogs...and he really really beats them.

    ReplyDelete