Saturday, February 28, 2009

electricity

This week, the students and I started a new unit on electricity. Don't know about you, but I know very little about electromagnets, series circuits, and Michael Faraday. Thank goodness for a husband who can teach me about all I need to know so I can teach my kids!



Tuesday we had a "date" night where J sat down with me and built circuits and drew diagrams to help me out. I was a successful teacher of electricity in school this week, thanks to the help of a pretty nerdy very smart husband.

5 comments:

  1. I am so glad that is something the fourth grade teachers get to do at my school. My husband would electrocute himself before we would figure it out! I'll stick to third grade simple machines! = )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hilarious. It's always great to have a very nerdy, erm, super smart hsband! I know your students will be that much more prepared because of him! -e

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! Just stumbled on your blog! Your header is awesome! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahhh! I love when hubbys are smarter at certain things and help us do stuff:) What a great hubs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My Science Education professor made us do this experiment before we taught it to our classes back during pre-student teaching. I swear the little kids figured it out faster than all of us student teachers did.

    ReplyDelete