Sunday, February 8, 2009

my week

This week I:
Went flea marketing with J and picked up these cute Fire King prep bowls. Four bucks and so much happiness!

Picked up these pretty gerbera daisies for our bedroom. Aren't they lovely in that vase?

Used these tomatillas in this delicious meal last night. This was definitely a hit in our home!

One of my students brought me these gummy hearts. When I thanked her for the sweet gift and told her how nice that was to think of me, she responded with, "Oh you're welcome. They were just leftover from our super bowl party and my mom wanted to get rid of 'em"....oh fourth grade. I love your honesty.

9 comments:

  1. Love the pic of the bowls and flowers. I love bright colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great finds!!! And awww I love when kids are honest too. It's hysterical what they say!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey girl!!! Long time no talk!

    The bags are called Shoot Sacs by Jessica Claire (a big photographer). Just google her and you'll find them! You can get different covers to make them unique. They hold your lenses and flashes and stuff...

    Hope you are well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yum, those hearts look good :) even if they were left-overs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hilarious story!!! And I adore those prep bowls, so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so funny! You can find a TON of kid speak on our blog. My kids say the CRAZIEST things!

    Found your blog thru a friend and glad I did. I love it and hope you dont mind if I follow along. Feel free to stop by and visit us anytime you like. you are more than welcome to follow us as well so we can get to know you better too.

    God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love flea market finds. I could never bring myself to buy a mirror, though. It always gave me the willies for some reason. I also loved the daisies.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, that is hilarious! Yup, I have a fourth grader - aren't they precious?

    I LOVE the deal you got on the bowls! and the flowers are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The flowers are absolutely gorgeous. (I love the story about the candy- haha)

    ReplyDelete