Sunday, March 29, 2009

a juicy weekend

Our weekend began with a lazy Friday night in, watching a stellar movie from 1987, and enjoying burritos from our favorite local burrito bar (where they have sprouts, spinach, and jalapeno cheddar tortillas...3 things I can't find at a Chipotle!)

Saturday, after some homework and grocery shopping, we ventured out to update J's wardrobe. He is now a happy owner of a new suit, new jeans, 15 new pairs of socks, 2 new pairs of shoes, and a new belt. My payment for being the ultimate fashion consultant? 2 new pairs of flip flops from Old Navy. You can't beat the 2 for $5 deal.

We also stopped at William Sonoma so I could buy this...

I already love it! I made salmon with a ginger-orange-onion sauce tonight (thank you very much Rachael Ray!), and I'll be the first to admit that I am an idiot for not buying a small juicer sooner than this. I use a lot of citrus juices in my cooking, and my fingers always end up one fire from lemon juice getting into the cuts by nails (yes, I have horrible cuticles, but that's for another post). This great little gadget kept all acidic juices away from my finger nails, and put them right into the bowl below. A wonderful investment!

How has your weekend been? Buy anything as exciting as a juicer? I doubt that's possible, but try me!

10 comments:

  1. Yay Williams and Sonoma!

    I HEART that store!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I adore W-S!! And my cuticles are wretched too. I use my juicer all of the time because otherwise I am cursing up a storm in my kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a good weekend! I always just squeeze the lemons too, maybe a juicer would be a good investment:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You may have sold me on this juicer idea! If the messy squeezing were cut out of the equation, I might do it more! Good thinking!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a lovely weekend. I love that juicer too

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love my little juicer!

    :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this juicer! We have a W&S and I almost can't stand to go in, I start coveting everything in the store!

    ReplyDelete
  8. that salmon sounds delish! will you post the recipe? i want a juicer now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. MMM that salmon sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a fun weekend! We bought a Dyson this weekend and I am SO IN LOVE. Its funny how new gadgets and stuff for your house becomes so exciting the older you get. :)

    ReplyDelete