I made a delicious new dish for dinner tonight, Creamy Shrimp with Corn & Bacon, from my April '09 Real Simple. I searched all over their website to find a link, but it looks like they haven't added anything from this issue since their "current" issue is technically the March one. Anyhow, Guess I'll have to share it with ya myself!
- 1 cup long grain white rice
- 4 slices of bacon
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 3/4 cup of heavy cream
- 1 1/4 lb of large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 10-ounce package of frozen corn
- salt and pepper
- Cook your rice according to directions
- Meanwhile, cook the bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat until crisp, 5-7 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel and let cool then break into pieces. Wipe out skillet
- Heat oil over medium-high. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, 4-6 minutes. Add the wine and cook until reduced by half, 2-3 minutes.
- Add the cream and bring to a boil. Stir in shrimp, corn, and 1/4 tsp of salt and pepper. Simmer until cooked through, 4-6 minutes. Stir in bacon, serve over rice.