Thursday, March 26, 2009

r is for rachel...and a new recipe!

This is my overexposed photo of my bag hook in our office. Too much sunshine coming through the window here...but that's not such a bad thing with all the rain we've had.

I made a delicious new dish for dinner tonight, Creamy Shrimp with Corn & Bacon, from my April '09 Real Simple. I searched all over their website to find a link, but it looks like they haven't added anything from this issue since their "current" issue is technically the March one. Anyhow, Guess I'll have to share it with ya myself!

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup long grain white rice
  • 4 slices of bacon
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 1/2 cup dry white wine
  • 3/4 cup of heavy cream
  • 1 1/4 lb of large shrimp, peeled and deveined
  • 1 10-ounce package of frozen corn
  • salt and pepper
Directions:
  • Cook your rice according to directions
  • Meanwhile, cook the bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat until crisp, 5-7 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel and let cool then break into pieces. Wipe out skillet
  • Heat oil over medium-high. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, 4-6 minutes. Add the wine and cook until reduced by half, 2-3 minutes.
  • Add the cream and bring to a boil. Stir in shrimp, corn, and 1/4 tsp of salt and pepper. Simmer until cooked through, 4-6 minutes. Stir in bacon, serve over rice.
YUM!

10 comments:

  1. that hook is so neat. i'd love one with an "S" on it. cool cool.
    and thanks for sharing the recipe. wish i could cook. hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this recipe looks great!...i may have to give that one a try...

    ReplyDelete
  3. yummy! people have been sharing a lot of recipes today and making me hungry:) have a great weekend my friend:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. just found your blog! so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my goodness I love your cake!

    CUTENESS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love new recipes! We don't eat shrimp but I bet I could use chicken =)! Your blog is so cute! I saw that you made homemade pretzels too, yummy, I'm going to have to try them too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks good! I saw this in the magazine as well, I think we'll have that for dinner tonight! Love the tote as well:-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your blog is really cute...just stumbled upon it!

    ReplyDelete