Sunday, March 15, 2009

soft pretzels

Is it as rainy and cold at your home as it is here? It has been pouring since about 10am on Friday. Crazy, considering a week ago it was 70 and we walked on the beach!


Since we were pretty much trapped inside yesterday, I decided to try out a soft pretzel recipe that I had found about a month ago on Food Mayhem. I had never worked with yeast before, but lucky for me, J has become an expert bread maker, so he assisted me in the process so that I didn't kill all my yeast. The end result was DELICIOUSNESS! The best part is, this recipe uses our KitchenAid, which I like finding opportunities to use since it's one of my favorite kitchen gadgets.
And the delicious finished product...


I ended up making 6 salted pretzels, and 6 cinnamon and sugar pretzels. We ate more than we should have yesterday, and then had a cinnamon and sugar one for breakfast. Isn't that what you're supposed to do on rainy weekends? Stay in and eat yummy things in your pajamas and watch movies? That's a perfect weekend to me!

9 comments:

  1. Yum! Those look so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yumm!!! What a great weekend snack!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, those look delish!! What a fun rainy weekend treat :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! Looks delicious! The coffee table is from the coffee-table superstore. We found it at a furniture store by us, by I did some searching and found it cheaper on-line...plus it has free shipping! Here's the link to it: http://www.coffeetables-store.com/p/liberty-furniture-taylor-cocktail-table

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the link to the soft pretzle recipe... it looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum! I'm going to have to try this! (And I love the blue KitchenAid Mixer!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A new animal rescue friend! Found you on G.R.I.T.S. Would love for you to drop by the swing!

    Here is a link to a recent post you will love!!!!!!!!!!
    http://bumpkinonaswing.blogspot.com/2009/03/bridge-detour-ahead.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those look fantastic! Wow. (I love the color of your kitchen aid. ours is a boring white- but I love that blue!

    ReplyDelete