Tuesday, March 31, 2009

where are you summer?

I could write about how unmotivated I feel at work right now. Or I could just tell you that spring break is 7 days away. Or we could look at the fact that summer vacation is now 49 (school) days away. Or we could even talk about how I sometimes wonder what in the world I was thinking when I signed up for this job.

But tomorrow's another day. It's going to be a great day. I will be positive!

In the meantime, I will dream of summer. Wonderful, warm summer. Two full months off of work. Yet, I will still find a paycheck in my mailbox every 2 weeks. One of the beautiful, lovely, fabulous perks of this crazy job that I really do love. Just some days more than others!

(photo taken in Oregon 8 months and 1 day ago on our honeymoon)

12 comments:

  1. I desperately need summer, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, I just deleted what I said because my grammar was atrocious...what I meant to say was...

    So true! I had one of those days myself! Must be something in the air, because other teachers at school were complaining about the same thing. I can't wait for summer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Right there with you! Hope tomorrow brings the love back :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful photo!!!..summer will be here before you know it!!!...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wish I could be off 2 months and still get a paycheck! I am so ready for summer too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oregon looks BEAUTIFUL!


    I soooo can't wait for the summer either... no more work! no more missing my hubby! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. "On your worst day on the job, you are still some child's best hope."
    -- Larry Bell

    I hope the sun shines soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. ahh, it'll be here before you know it.

    and you're SO lucky to have the time off - so many people get 10 working days a year... can you imagine??

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm on spring break next week! You can make it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful photo from your honeymoon! And yes, summer will be a welcomed thing here as well. I really enjoyed visiting your blog. Please stop by and say hello sometime. I love making new blog friends. Hope you have a fantastic day and summer finds you soon!

    ReplyDelete