Wednesday, April 8, 2009

30 day shred/i feel like i'm dying



After reading Caitlin's post HERE about her review of the 30 Day Shred, I decided to go in and give it a try. Her pictures and chart were enough to win me over. And, let's be honest, I am very devoted Biggest Loser fan, and while Jillian scares the crap out of me, I'd pick her as my trainer in a heartbeat if I were ever a contestant. I am totally on Team Jillian. She's a machine. A crazy, screaming, beastly machine. But I think it's all a part of her charm.

Anyhow...I got my DVD from Amazon yesterday (which, btw, is cheaper with shipping than it is in Target), and O-M-G people. My butt has been kicked. After two days of this workout ( only level 1), I now know why it works if you follow it. This 20 minute workout is so intense. While I ache all over, I'm glad I'm doing it. I can feel so much growth. The next few days are gonna be rough as my body adjusts to this type of exercise. But it will be worth it. I may groan and make funny noises as I walk down the stairs, but I keep telling myself how much it'll be worth it!

Any other readers out there who have tried it?

4 comments:

  1. Hahaha I'm all about groaning and making funny noises.... uhhhh exercise wise that is!! Hahahaah! Don't read that wrong.

    Congrats to you!!! That's awesome! Getting that butt kicked and liking it!


    Ok I really need to stop before I'm suspended from the blogosphere entirely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In 29 more days you'll have to let us know if it's really worth the money. I've been reading and hearing alot of things about this dvd but I'm not 100% sold on it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your comment! I can't wait to really see if it works and is worth the money. I am a bit sore, but not unbearably sore because I was already lifting weights before this. But, I was definitely sweating after yesterday's Day 2 Level 1 workout, so I am anxious to see what happens by Level 3. I have also included 20-30 min. of running outside before I do the tape. I am not yet convinced that I can lose weight just by doing 20 min. a day, so I just wanted to jumpstart and do a little extra cardio.

    Good luck to you and seems like we are both at the same point of the 30 days, so I look forward to seeing/hearing how you ended up liking the results, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just bought it, too! :)

    ReplyDelete