Sunday, April 12, 2009

bought with the precious blood of Christ



This song has been on my heart all day. I remember singing this in college when I'd go to weekly large group on Thursdays, and at that time I felt chills as I'd sing it aloud. I still tear up today. Each time that I get to the verse below, I feel this wonderful sense of peace. Peace that can only come from the Savior of this world. The words are so powerful and bring me to my knees with praise.

There in the ground His body lay,
Light of the world by darkness slain;
Then bursting forth in glorious day,
Up from the grave He rose again!
And as He stands in victory,
Sin's curse has lost its grip on me;
For I am His and He is mine—
Bought with the precious blood of Christ.

5 comments:

  1. One of my favorite songs! Happy Easter to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This has been one of my favorites for years!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My grandpa use to love that song!

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of the best... it's such a great song to remember how blessed we are!

    ReplyDelete