Things we hate about this kitchen:
- The appliances. The oven is so small that it doesn't hold some of my pans. It sparked and sort of caught on fire once. The stove. This is probably my second least favorite part of the kitchen. Many of the burners don't work. It's also electric which I hate. And it's filthy. I guess I could work on that last part...And then there's the sink. It is an off white color and stains terribly. You must rinse out the sink immediately after dumping any thing dark down the sink, or it will permanently stain in minutes.
- The size. As you can see form the picture, our kitchen doesn't have much room. J and I have become better at working in here together, but, as you can imagine, it's tight. The small size also limits our counter space. We have one decent size space where we do most the work. The rest of the time, we're storing prep items in all kinds of funny places (on top of the microwave, in the sink, on burners that aren't being used).
- The floors. They're nasty, gross, dirty, and UGLY. And we really do clean them. J is a great mopper, but nothing can totally clean these floors. Oh, and did I mention they're cracking in a few places? We're high class with floors like these!
- The number one thing, I hate more than anything else about this kitchen...the counter tops. We have light pink marble linoleum counter tops. And oh. my. goodness. They're hideous. If you go back and look at some of my food or recipe posts you may be able to get a better picture of these terrible counters. And like our nice floors, they are also cracking. We joke about how when we move, the first thing we have to do is figure out how we can bring these counter tops with us.
- The window. As you can see from the photo, our kitchen gets pretty great natural sunlight, which is something I love in a room. I take a lot of pictures here because of the great lighting. It's also nice to open this window while cooking. I love a great breeze to flow through the kitchen, especially when I happen to burn something!
- The time I've spent in here. Despite the crappy conditions that we have been given to work with, I do love spending hours here. Before moving here, I had a few things I enjoyed cooking, but since August when I moved here, I have become a pretty decent cook! Through all of my time in this kitchen, I've come to love it and all of its downfalls.
One day I will have a kitchen like Pioneer Woman (she has my dream