Monday, April 6, 2009

rain and sunshine


Remember when I posted about these sandals here? I now have them in my possession and love them. They've only been mine for a few weeks and you can already see the outline of my foot in the sole.

It's been a rainy day. But by the time I left school at 4:30, the sun was out and the sky was blue. I'll take that! After a trip to visit a friend from college this weekend, I was pretty tired from my busy weekend away. Good thing I told school I had to go to the "doctor" this morning. Arriving to work at noon made for a short and relaxing day. I could get used to a schedule like that. And just so you all know, the "doctor" went well. So well that I slept in and watched Rachael Ray as I ate my breakfast. Ahhhh spring break...just 3 more days and then I can sleep in all of next week!

One question for all of you before I go...what do you like to give for wedding presents? Do you prefer registries or do you like to be a creative gift giver? Any great gift ideas you'd like to share? We have 7 weddings to go to between April and November, and I am looking for some fun/creative ways to give to our friends. As the bride, I loved getting registry gifts. After all, it's exactly what I wanted. But some of our friends gave us some really thoughtful and fun things that we didn't register for. Please share any and all ideas and thoughts you have. I'd love to hear 'em!

7 comments:

  1. Love the sandals...and lucky you for getting to sleep in. Only half a day of students makes everyone a much happier person! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard resoundingly that people prefer registry (and realized I was the same after my own wedding). I honestly felt bad about all the "thoughtful gifts" I'd given people over the years! You can't go wrong with something you already know they'll love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am adamant about giving gifts that I personally love. This usually means one thing: KitchenAid. The price point varies based on how well I know the couple, obviously, but I scour every registry for the appropriate KitchenAid gift.
    If they aren't registered for any KA stuff, I pick something else off the registry for the major item and pick an additional small KA utensil - my hope is to spread the KA love to every kitchen. I'm such a nerd.

    ReplyDelete
  4. cute sandals! wow, that's a lot of weddings, so fun! i have to say go with registry, since they've picked everything out that they want, they're just waiting to get it =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will have to say I liked getting registry gifts... but one of my favorite off registered gifts was a cozy throw blanket, a box of popcorn, and the DVD "Just Married."... that was about five years ago, but ya know, some other newer equally funny/romantic movie would do fine. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhh the sandals look soo cute on your feet:) Love them:)
    I always go off the registery and give cute name plates with their new last name on them... For example for me.. it would say NEUROHR.. established March 29, 2008... Emily & Ryan.. here is where I get all mine.. I love her work and it just a fun, creative gift for them to have:)
    http://www.cherishedimpressions.net/

    Looks like she isnt doing it anymore.. but still gives you a good idea of what I was talking about:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always tend to get drinking glasses as a wedding gift. Not the bar type glasses but your everyday kind. It's something you always need.

    ReplyDelete