Saturday, April 11, 2009

spring break '09

Spring break has finally begun here in our neck of the woods, and boy oh boy, it's a wonderful feeling! Sleeping in this morning followed by watching the season finale of Friday Night Lights was the perfect start to my lazy week off!

Spring Break To-Do List:
  • Get my oil changed. J was not too happy with me when I mentioned I was 1,500 miles PAST the point where I should have had the oil changed. Oops.
  • CAR WASH - this pollen is driving me crazy. Is it bad where you live?
  • Visit with a few friends. I have a few friends who also teach in this area, and I've got a few meet ups planned.
  • CLEAN!! This is a big one. Our apartment needs some TLC. In many ways and in many rooms. Here's to hoping for a new and improved home at this time next week.
  • A wedding shower for a special college friend who has been living out west for the past year. It'll be so nice to see her and a few other friends at her shower next weekend. She's also getting this, except in stripes, as I picked it up at Williams Sonoma on my way yesterday. I got one as a shower gift from a friend of my mom, and it's one of my top 5 favorite things in our kitchen. Be looking for a post with the other four!

  • And last but not least, have a fun day out with J and Layla one day. He's planning on taking a day off sometime this week so we can (most likely) go to the beach or hiking for the day.
So, overall, no big plans. Just a good solid week at home to get caught up and relax. While a trip to the Caribbean would be nice, this will suit me just fine for the week!

Happy Easter to each of you and your families!

5 comments:

  1. Crap I need an oil change too...shoot! I am about 1200 miles past, as well.

    Enjoy your spring break!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just like you! I went over by about 2,000 miles and my light even came on. Honey bun was not happy.

    Enjoy the break!!! And Have a great Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Relax and enjoy your break! You deserve it! (And the pollen is a total buzz kill here, too.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy your break Rachel! I am so looking forward to ours! Thanks for reminding me that I need an oil change too! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Best of luck to you! I hope you get everything done- plus take a nice break. = )

    ReplyDelete