Saturday, April 25, 2009

tweet tweet

Well...I did it. I joined twitter. My computer savvy husband has been on for awhile and I'd been thinking about it, but I kept saying it wasn't worth the time, and I didn't really get it. Well, that has all changed. After watching Oprah last Friday when she joined, I decided to join the twitter world. And, there' s a few blogs I read that have given some excellent reasons for joining twitter. As an educator, I love all the technology resources I can find through certain "tweeters" (is that what I call them?), and I appreciate the ability to keep up with people who I don't see as often through twitter. After joining last night, I may or may not have spent the rest of the night just looking around on twitter for people to follow. I lead such an exciting life! If you have twitter, you can follow me by looking on the left side of my blog. For those without twitter, you can still read my updates on here, also on the left.
..............................................................................................................

The lovely Brittany tagged me to do this a few days ago...

8 Things I Look Forward To
1. Eating at Five Guys today with J!
2. Fish Tacos that J is making for dinner with the fish he caught on the Chesapeake Bay on Tuesday!
3. This gorgeous weather. It's gonna be 90 here at the beach and we're hoping to enjoy a nice walk this evening. We have too many errands to run during the day, but we're hoping to actually hit the beach tomorrow.
4. June 18, the last day of the school year! Only 38 more school days left!
5. The 4 summer weddings we have to attend this summer. So nice going to weddings when you know you never have to go through the planning again.
6. Getting a new car...possibly in a few months?
7. Our summer road trip we have planned.

8 Things I Did Yesterday
1. Joined twitter!
2. Worked out at the Y
3. Had a catered lunch thanks to the office at school
4. Laughed at J as he watched a zombie movie
5. Received a million kisses from Layla!
6. Made Pasta alla Vodka (PW recipe here)
7. Slept too late
8. Drank a Brooklyn Summer Ale...we need to get more!

8 Things I Wish I Could Do:
1. Eat Five Guys for lunch everyday!
2. Go back to the Oregon Coast for a week
3. Work from home
4. Cook in a kitchen that has more than one square foot of counter space...see here!
5. Play piano
6. Stealing this one from Brittany...get paid to blog for a living
7. Play Quidditch
8. Have more puppies! One day..

8 Shows I Watch:
1. LOST...we're obsessed in this home
2. Biggest Loser. DUH.
3. The Office
4. 24...for thos eof you who quit, you're missing out. This season has been excellent.
5. Dexter
6. Big Love
7. Friday Night Lights
8. How I Met Your Mother

8 Bloggers Who I Am Tagging To Do This:
I feel like so many of you have done this! Really, anyone who still wants to do it, I'd love to read it :)

5 comments:

  1. Oh we LOVE The Office and How I Met Your Mother!
    And I don't use Twitter... it seems cool, but I haven't gotten the bug yet. Maybe soon...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love attending weddings knowing ours is behind me! Have a fun weekend, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had penna a la vodka too!!!

    Loved reading these!! You mayyy get addicted to Tweeter. Between facebook and blogger I think I have my plate full of addictions for now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our bookshelves are pratically identical. You will love.......love the one your'e with. Next try. Very Valentine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I, too, Twitter and I'm not really sure why. But it's fun ... and I enjoy the organizations & news feeds that are easier to access when I'm busy. Welcome to the world of twitter.

    ReplyDelete