Thursday, April 30, 2009

where did april go?

Not much to say today...

I am feeling more nervous each day with our upcoming high stakes state tests. And sadly, I think my little fourth graders are feeling the stress. June will be so nice so we can just sit back and have FUN!

Some questions I've been meaning to answer on here...

Jennifer, NCF, and Emily asked about how this recipe turned out, and my answer is summed up with two words: simply delicious. It was so easy to make, and so yummy. And best of all, it was pretty healthy since I used all no fat yogurt. But don't be fooled. It still tasted so rich and creamy. Yogurt is one of my favorite substitutes in recipes. I rarely use mayo or sour cream unless it's totally necessary. Plain, fat free yogurt is my friend! And if you go to make it, know that chicken breasts work great too!

Laura and Taryn commented and asked about Rachel Getting Married. Here are my thoughts so stop reading if you have any interest in seeing the movie and don't want to feel biased. I thought it was good (gave it 3 stars on my netflix), but it let me down. It was very real, and Anne Hathaway was wonderful in it. She's such a fine actress. And this movie brought that to the surface. BUT...it let me down. Mainly the ending. Which, I suppose not all stories in life work out the way we want, but in a movie, it wasn't what I wanted in an ending. If you've seen it, please share your thoughts. I'd love to know what others thought.

Off to make some veggie pizza for a shower for a coworker tomorrow afternoon. And maybe some Office if I can fit it in!

7 comments:

  1. Hang in there. State tests stink, but you are going to feel amazing once it's over, as our your little ones!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to go check out that movie now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anne Hathaway's acting was really incredible. She did great with a role that's so not "her."

    I saw it a while ago, so I don't really remember, but I thought it was a non-happy happy ending. It indicated that they were on the road to recovery. I don't need a happy ending, so I liked it. Overall I thought it was a good movie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck on the state tests- June will be here soon! (I hope!) Also, love the video that you posted below!...and I love your dog pictures- keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i know exactly how you feel about the testing, i bet they'll do great, and you're almost done!!

    yay for the recipe, i can't wait to try it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hang in there my friend and glad the chicken turned out good.. it looked super yummy!
    U are quite the lil cook my friend:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. yes... that's excactly how i felt about rachel getting married. it was the only movie i've seen that i could understand that it was a well-done movie, but didn't enjoy watching it...

    ReplyDelete