Friday, May 29, 2009

flashback friday


Growing up, I had one main love in life...my cabbage patch doll Lorie. Lorie (a Christmas present) actually came with the name Rorie, but as a three year old, I thought that was a horrible name and went with Lorie instead.

Lorie has been many places with me through my life. She's been camping. She's been to many states. She's been on plane rides. She's had her stomach painted with nail polish (not one of my brighter ideas). She may have been used as a tissue a time or two (I know...ewww). She even spent many a nights in my dorm rooms in college. By the time she and I made it to college, she wasn't as clean and fresh as she appears to be in this picture from our younger days. Instead, she's filthy. Filthy from all the love she's gotten through the years.

Lorie now sits in a closet in our apartment. J isn't so fond of keeping a cabbage patch doll in the bedroom. But that's okay. She's still here. And she's still special, even if she's stained and gross. I doubt I'll ever have the heart to get rid of her.

Oh, and yes, that is also my Rainbow Bright doll in the picture above. RB was also a special doll in my childhood, but nowhere near as special as Lorie!

9 comments:

  1. Rainbow bright and cabbage patch kids brings back great memories!! I also like kid sister (is that right?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. loveee these old photos!!

    this seriously makes me happy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a cabbage patch doll! It went every where with me and I still have mine as well. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. best. post. ever.

    nosebleeds? xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just found your adorable blog. I loved my cabbage patch doll but my attachment was to my blanket :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a cute pic! i loved my cabbage patch dolls!

    ReplyDelete
  8. so cute! good ol Lorie has been thru a lot with you! sniff, sniff

    ReplyDelete
  9. RAINBOW BRIGHT!!! I loved her! My sister was more into Cabbage Patch Dolls. I had (have) a rabbit that I carried around. She even has stiches in a couple of spots. I still have her and when I spot her in her box, she just warms my heart! Good times!

    ReplyDelete