Monday, May 18, 2009

it's been five years

5 years and 1 day ago, I met my husband. He was underneath my desk at my summer job hooking up my computer. He was wearing a bright blue shirt.

I was a summer intern at a civil engineering firm doing administrative work. He was an IT intern. As I was being walked into my office by my boss, he was climbing out from underneath my desk. It may not have been love at first sight. But I was certainly smitten. It took about seven more months for our relationship to really blossom, but we both still love to tell the story about that day.

I debated about which photo to post here. A sweet wedding photo. Or maybe a photo from one of our vacations? Oh no. The only appropriate photo would be from the summer we met. This was our first ever photo together taken at our "Intern Olympics"; a horrid event where all of the college kids were forced to do dumb activities (ie. egg toss, transporting water in helmets on our heads). Despite the silliness of this event, I still thought he was cute. And, let's be honest. I am also sharing this photo to show off our medals we won. It was a proud moment in our lives.


Hope your week started off well today! Any 24 fans out there? I still have mixed feelings about that finale.

14 comments:

  1. YAY for dating anniversaries!! Can you tell I have no life??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on five years of love! And sweet medals!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this and I love that you chose that photo to share. Too cute!
    Congrats on 5 years!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute picture, you both look so unhappy in it. I'm assuming that was purposely done? And congrats on five years together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too cute! Happy "meeting" anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats to you and your hunny bunny! That's great! Hope you two have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cute! I love that it's an older picture which just captures the wonderful essence of all that is "2004" and pre-wedding awesomeness.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad J found you!! You have made a great addition to the family. Love ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute picture! And happy five years!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i remember you telling us the story in the pink room ( :

    was it really 5 years ago? where has the time gone?!

    ReplyDelete
  11. ooh a workplace romance, so you were sort of like Jim and Pam right? (hope you watch the Office) :) Congrats on your anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  12. ahh soo fun and what fun memory of how you met and how you know what he was wearing! i love it and I love the picture! happy dating anniversary:) yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Intern olympics! How jim and pam! (Remember the olympics episode)

    Also, on that topic...I saw rashida jones today. She walked past me on the street. She is very little.

    ReplyDelete