Saturday, May 16, 2009

my waistline hates me

For a few weeks, I have been promising J monkey bread for a Saturday morning breakfast. Today, that promise finally became a reality. A sugary, gooey, delicious reality. I used this recipe from Pioneer Woman's blog, but ended up using a little more brown sugar than she did. If it weren't for J, I would have thrown in some chopped pecans, but since he detests nuts, I was kind and held back. But for the record, pecans would have made this even more heavenly.


In the process of taking these photos, I made the dumb mistake of turning the pan up too much, I was trying to give J a better angle of the monkey bread, and in the process, I spilt hot butter all of my hand. Nice one, Rach. I now have blister between my thumb and pointer finger on my left hand. But don't worry. I forgot all about it after my first bite!

7 comments:

  1. Glad that first bite made you forget about the butter!! Sounds like something I would do.


    And mmmmm your waistline may hate you but we LOVE you for posting this!!! Recipes please?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cake looks so yummy....I want it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your waistline may hate you, but your mouth will love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree...the pecans would have made it even better. You need to teach J to like nuts!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. omg i make this and it's so addicting!!! I love it and get asked to bring it everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i've been wanting to make this for so long!! and i've needed a recipe, thank you for posting=)! i'm so sorry about the hot butter! it looks so yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. speaking of waistlines hating you... i just found this new baking website & thought of you!
    http://www.kingarthurflour.com/blog/

    mmmmmm!

    ReplyDelete