Monday, May 11, 2009

pink room

Once upon a time, I was in college. While in college, I spent the last two years living in a house with seven other girls (crazy, I know). In this beautiful old home, I shared a room with a wonderful girl (who was super skinny and fabulous, as seen in photo below). The summer before moving into our room, we made the decision to paint our room pink. I had the honor or picking out the actual paint color, and for some crazy reason I went with bubblegum pink. I wasn't into a subtle touch of color. I wanted the real deal.


Looking back now, I laugh at the crazy color I chose. But we loved it.

And I am pretty sure it defined each of us for those two years. I like that. But I'm also glad that I don't have walls that are this color today!

15 comments:

  1. I think I'd still do it! I love that color. But, then again, it probably gets old after awhile

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember viewing this back in the day. While it is very pink, it's adorable! Isn't it funny how time changes things?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a perfect college color! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect college room!! I love the color!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wonder what color that room is today???

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maybe when you have a daughter you can bring back the pink:) I had a lime green room back in the day!! Actually my guest room is still bright green:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun! Perfect for college! This almost makes me wish I could go back to college just so I can paint my room pink! Almost.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I got my crazy paint tendencies out of my system in college as well. My walls were orange and purple! I thought it was fun at the time, but feel no need to paint that "creatively" ever again.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha I love those walls! Total college sorority look! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow- that is one pink room!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Maine is very beautiful and I highly recommend Kennebunk!! I have family that has been there so I have been there quite often (going there in August actually). My mom lives in Virginia and I almost put that on my list! She lives near Richmond!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. the green room hearts the pink room for-eva.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I bet you had so much fun living in a house with all of your friends! Sounds fun! And I do love that color!

    ReplyDelete
  14. ahhh love it:) we had a lime green room in college and everyone was like.. ohh we love it:) love memories like these:)

    ReplyDelete