Saturday, May 2, 2009

spring cleaning

I have done some SERIOUS spring cleaning this morning. Our tub is now white again (eww). Our sink is sparkling. Our floors are shiny and free of dog hair (for the next five minutes). The mirrors are clean. And our furniture has been polished. And I vacuumed. And now I smell like bleach and sweat. It's great.

On an unrelated note, ever heard German Wheel Gymnastics? Yeah, neither had I, until Thursday when my school had a team of teenagers from Germany come demonstrate their amazing athletic abilities for us. This was insane. And the students thought it was the coolest thing to happen to our school since Lunch Karaoke Fridays*. Here's a youtube clip to give you an idea of this crazy sport...


* Yes. Starting back in March, our music teacher started this crazy idea and the kids spend lunch waiting in line by the stage so they can sing songs from High School Music (I, II, and III) or Camp Rock. Occasionally with some Hannah Montana and Jonas Brothers mixed in. Makes for a very peaceful lunch and a very calm class after lunch...

6 comments:

  1. Wow! I think my Friday lunches would have become don't eat in the cafeteria on Fridays'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work on the cleaning- I am just about to do some myself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your blog...so glad that I stopped by.

    I am still so new to the land of blog, but so loving reading others stories.

    Everyone has a story and so many of them are so touching....
    Hope you will stop by for a visit.
    The May give-away has started and this month there will be 10 winners. I will be blogging from Disney World soon...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just cleaned my house too and I hear you on the dog hair. Sometimes it seems worthless to do it...I know when I turn around there will be more hair!! And your music teacher's idea....oh man. Like 4th graders aren't wild enough as it is, especially this time of year! I work in an elementary school too...they are all crazy right now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So is that serious that it makes for a peaceful class afterwards, or sarcastic? At least you've got a music teacher who is in touch with what kids are into today...I wish ours was!

    ReplyDelete