- 1 1/2 pounds pork shoulder
- 1 small yellow onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups ketchup
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons of white vinegar
- In the slow cooker, combine pork, onion, garlic, brown sugar, dry mustard, salt, pepper, ketchup, vinegar and Worcestershire sauce; mix well, and cover. Cook on Low, stirring occasionally, for 6 to 8 hours or until the meat is tender. I put mine in the crock pot at 7 AM and served it around 6PM, so it cooked for about 11 hours.
- OR : In a Dutch oven or large saucepan, combine pork, onion, garlic, brown sugar, dry mustard, salt, pepper, ketchup, vinegar and Worcestershire sauce; mix well. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and cover. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 2 1/2 to 3 hours or until pork is tender.
- Serve over buns with cole slaw and delicious sides!
Several commenters also requested my sweet potato fry recipe. I could live off of sweet potato fries. Seriously, they're one my favorite sides with dinner. Heck, I'd eat just them for dinner! Next time I make them, I'll take some pictures and do a step by step post! In the meantime, pick up the Trader Joes frozen sweet potato fries. They are pretty good. Not as good as the real deal, but an excellent substitute for lazy nights when I have no energy. Top them with a little chili powder, and then enjoy!