Thursday, June 18, 2009

food on the road

Tomorrow, we're heading to Maryland for wedding number four of the year. It's going to be a 5+ hour drive. To prepare for the long drive I've been making some meals/snacks to take along with us in our cooler. J and I have been saying that we want to eat healthier (and save money) on road trips. It's easy to snack on junk and spend extra money when you're on the road, and this summer we're taking a 2 and a half week road trip and we want to be prepared. With that trip just around the corner in July, we decided to practice with tomorrow's mini trip!

Last night I made this DELICIOUS chili lime steak salad. So yummy, and while it took awhile to make, it was very easy. It would be hard to mess this meal up.
The salad was huge, so we've put two servings in tupperware and we're taking it for our lunch on the road. In addition this, we're also bringing grapes, ginger snaps (I have an unhealthy obsession with these), and I've just made pita chips to go with hummus.


Chances are, we're going to have way more food than we need, but I'm still happy to know we won't be stopping for fast food along the way.

3 comments:

  1. Since we tried the BBQ and LOVED it, I'm going to have to give this a whirl, too! Thanks for the constant cooking inspiration! (And congrats on officially starting your summer!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so organized and prepared! Looks yummy too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks yummy! And I love your black and white dress with the green sweater (shirt?). So cute!!

    ReplyDelete