Thursday, June 18, 2009

goodbye students, hello summer!

School is D-O-N-E! Now for 2 full months of summer fun! Our last day was a fun one. My kids made me a scrapbook (with the help of my fabulous room mother), and a gift certificate to a local restaurant. While I am very excited for summer, come August, I will miss it and be ready to be back in the classroom again!


The scrapbook has a page for each kid with a picture and a little note. Some are hysterical....like this little poem that one student wrote about me:

Mrs. W, your eyes glow in the overhead.
Your hands are useful for most everything.
Mrs. W

And to clear up any confusion, by overhead, she means the overhead projector. As in the funny machine I use to project my writing. Apparently, it makes my eyes glow. This same student also wrote a note that said...

Mrs. W, you are the best. Some people like C don't like you, but everybody else likes you. I wish you could be my teacher next year, but you can't. I hope you will be here next year (I will!)

Really?! I can't make this stuff up. But I made sure my kids knew how much I'd miss them next year. They were a great group and unique in many ways (cough cough wet cat girl cough cough)!

4 comments:

  1. So cute!! Congrats on being done for the summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for being on summer break!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhh I can't wait!!! Next Friday is our last day and i'n jumping out of my skin!!

    that was so sweet of your student!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How sweet that they made you a scrapbook!! Teaching is such a rewarding job!!

    ReplyDelete