Monday, June 1, 2009

hello june

I need to begin by saying, book club was wonderful! I am so glad I went and it caused me to love the book even more. The discussion was great, and all the other ladies were so kind. And the food was good too. Good food is the way to my heart!

Here is your promised recipe from yesterday!

This is a corn and bean salsa, courtesy of a friend of my mom's. She made it last week at a memorial day cookout, and I begged her for the recipe! It's so yummy and easy to make!

Apple Cider Salsa

1 can of black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can of white shoepeg corn, drained
1 big handful of chopped scallions
1.5 tbsp of vegetable oil
3 tbsp of apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup of feta
pinch of garlic powder (optional...I love garlic)

Mix all ingredients except the feta in bowl. Let it sit in the fridge for a few hours. Right before serving, mix in the feta and serve with corn chips ( I prefer the blue kind). Enjoy!

If you make it, comment back here and let me know your thoughts!

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Tomorrow we're going on a field trip to Jamestown. Lord help me. It's supposed to be 92 and we can't bring water bottles on the tour. It's going to be a looooong day. Here's hoping I don't puke on the DOUBLE DECKER bus we will be taking on our hour and half drive.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

And one last thing...one of my good friends from college, Sarah, just started a blog. Go visit and leave her a warm welcome! Go West, Young Lady!

9 comments:

  1. Yay for organic treats!!

    That combo would be sooooo perfect with the Bachelorette right now! haha i'm craving some snacks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the shout out, dear!!

    Quick question.. how did you get your banner to be so large.. mine (yes, made on scrapblog, obvi!) doesn't seem to take up the whole top. is there a way to format it so it does??

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cool that you are in a book club!! And that recipe looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hot field trip? Yikes! Hang in there!

    This salsa looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're right, that does sound yummy and easy. I'll have to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, wow, that salsa looks fabulous!!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh I want to eat that right now.. bring me some:) yeah!! and yeah for book club! I have been reading lots of books:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love blue corn chips, but somehow always seem to bypass them in the grocery store. Your recipe looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete