Tuesday, June 2, 2009

I survived

I survived the field trip. Even the dreadful double decker bus filled with 71 children. I made it.

It was a hot and sunny day, the kids were parched, and the bugs were gross, but the tour was fabulous! It was neat watching my kids become so excited to tell our tour guide all they already knew about Jamestown. They've been paying closer attention these past few months than I had thought. Well, except for one student who told the tour guide that Pocahontas married John Wayne. The tour guide got a good laugh out of it, though.

I was able to take some great photos today, but can't share most since the kids are in them; however, later tonight I'm planning on making a powerpoint for the kids to watch tomorrow.



After the field trip, I came home to the barbecue I had left in my crock pot this morning. Holy moly, it smelled good in here. And our dinner of barbecue sandwiches with sweet potato fries and corn on the cob was sort of what I imagine meals in heaven will be like. Totally scrumptious!

11 comments:

  1. Yay to go with the crock pot! Please share your BBQ recipe, if you can (I know its the end of the year...who has time?) My hubs would love it, I bet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a good time and made it out alive!

    I love walking into a yummy smelling house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh, we'd like the BBQ recipie too if you ever find time to share it! My husband loves cooking in the crock pot. Glad you survived your day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. it is so satisfying when the kids are so excited about the trip, that's great! oh i love the smell of yummy food cooking in the crockpot when you come home=)! definitely share your recipe=)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Um. Yes, please for that BBQ recipe. I got a crock pot for Christmas and am SO excited to get new recipes for it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've always wanted to be able to go to Williamsburg, but never have. I'm loving the few pictures you posted though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun! I have always wanted to go to Jamestown. Also I have been thinking about going back to school and getting my education degree. I would love to teach 3,4 or 5th grade. I always love reading your teaching stories! And you should def. share some of your crock pot recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay, you survived! hehe. Those pictures are gorgeous- great photography!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that boat picture! I don't think I would have survived a field trip with 71 kiddos piled on a double decker bus. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. sounds like a wonderful day!
    would love to hear how you make your bbq & the sweet potatoe fries--delish
    xo

    ReplyDelete