Monday, June 22, 2009

Kitchen Tools: Part One

Since last July when J and I got married, I have come to love my time in the kitchen. Before marriage, I cooked, but cooking for me was spaghetti with sauce from a jar. Occasionally I'd make homemade mac-n-cheese, but that's about as fancy as I got. I do have many issues with my kitchen; however, I do love cooking. It has become one of my favorite past times, and trying a new recipe doesn't scare me the way it used to do. You don't need a nice kitchen to be a great cook!

In the kitchen, I have some great appliances and pots and pans, but I swear by my tools! Over the next three days, I'm going to share my top five kitchen accessories with you all, and there just might be a little giveaway on day three!


I've mentioned my apron before, and I have to say it again, I love it. I love this particular apron because your can easily adjust the neck to fit you best. And as silly as it sounds, I swear that when I put my apron on, I have more confidence in my cooking abilities. It's like a super hero cape!


If you don't have one of these...you MUST go out and get one. This little tool saves me from many messes and it's easy to clean and use. When ever I do any chopping (which is often), I've always got this out beside me. It's the easiest way to transfer anything from your cutting board to your pan.

Stay tuned to tomorrow for part two!

13 comments:

  1. What a fun idea :) I LOVE the apron!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love aprons too- but I think it is just because I have something to wipe my hands on all the time when I am wearing it. I am a messy cook.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love aprons i just can never remember to wear mine when i cook or bake!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh that apron is so cute! i have a couple and i never wear them but i LOVE aprons! and this it is so funny i have been wanting to get one of those little scrapers for years and still don't have one=)!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That cape...wait I meant apron is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that apron! I just always forget to wear mine until it's too late and I'm covered in sauce. You're right about the scraper. It's a great tool that a lot of people don't think of using.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aaahaha I love that you called it a superhero cape! I need one now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love my apron...but I do need a pastry scraper! Can't wait for part two!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the apron!!! SO CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Everyone jokes me for my collection of Williams Sonoma aprons (I only have 3!) but I LOVE them so much!!

    And I don't have a pastry scraper - but thanks to your recommendation I WILL be going to get one next time I'm out at the mall!

    Great post!! I can't wait to read your other posts!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great idea! I can't wait to see your favorite kitchen tools!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I also have an apron that I LOVE - its from Anthropologie and has little pink and red cupcakes all over it - LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's such a cute apron! You're oh-so-tiny, too. ha.

    ReplyDelete