Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Kitchen Tools: Part Three

Day 3 of my favorite kitchen tools...let's get started!

This is the cheapest, most basic tool in my kitchen. My wooden pan spatula was in a bouquet of wooden tools that a friend gave me at a bridal shower. All of the women at the shower raved over this tool and said it would become my favorite item to cook with. They were right! This little guy is the BEST when you're making a sauce or sauteing veggies. I love the straight edge on the end, as it does a great job getting those little "bits" off the bottom of the pan. It's far better than a wooden spoon and works better than plastic or metal spatulas.

My mom bought me these tongs about a year ago at William Sonoma (are you sensing a pattern with my love for WS?). Prior to these I had a pair of metal tongs, but cringed when I used them in my pans. These silicone tongs won't scratch my cookware and they are heat resistant. For $15, these are well worth your money. We have an apartment with no backyard, so any grilling we do, is done inside with our castiron grill pan. I use the tongs to turn the meat, and they never puncture the meat. They're also great if you're ever frying anything. I'm telling you...if you get these, you will find that you're using them almost every other night!

.........................................................................

Alright, now that I've shared 6 of my favorite kitchen tools with you, I'm ready to give 3 away to you all! One lucky winner will win the silicone tongs I raved about, and another winner will get the pastry scraper AND the wooden pan spatula. Here's how you can win!

One Entry: Leave a comment on this post sharing your favorite kitchen tool from your own kitchen.
Two Entries: Leave a comment on this post sharing your favorite kitchen tool from your own kitchen AND become a follower or let me know that you're already following me.

Contest will end Saturday, June 27 at midnight EST, and I will announce the winners sometime on Sunday, June 28. GOOD LUCK!

19 comments:

  1. I adore these silicone prep bowls: http://www.chefscatalog.com/product/22836-silicone-mixing-bowls.aspx

    They are amazing!! They bend and fold, so perfect for streaming in liquid, and come with plastic lids as well!

    I am a follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite kitchen tool is probably my whisk! I love it, for some reason. And my favorite small appliance is my food processor. Homemade salsa is the best!!

    And I'm a follower! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So this probably doesn't count as a kitchen "tool" but I am obsessed with my Mrs. Meyer's Clean Day Lavender Dish Soap (and all of Mrs. Meyer's products, really)! It comes in a bottle cute enough to leave sitting out, it smells delicious and its made of natural ingredients that actually work!

    I'm a follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love my microplane... is that weird? I love to add lemon, orange, lime, etc. zest to stuff! It adds so much flavor and is soooo easy to do! I'm a follower.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favorite tool is more like an appliance: my rice cooker. I'm obsesed with it.

    What a fun giveaway! And of course, I'm a follower:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm gonna say my favorite kitchen tools are my wine glasses cause cooking is so much more fun if you can have a glass while you're doing it! Does that count? :-)

    I'm a follower, of course!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My favorite kitchen tool is my new ice cream cone cupcake holder. It's amazing! You bake them in this pan that looks like ice cream cones and holds them into place. Love it! And they taste sooo good!

    Oh, I'm a follower as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love my food processor and my pots and pans.. I miss cooking! havent been able bec of the bed rest!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I follow you through my google reader- I couldn't live without my cherry pitter or my wooden "stone" and pumice. Love them both, just couldn't choose! -emily

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, since you already said your garlic press I will choose another:) My 2nd favorite kitchen tool is my grill pan. I too, live in an apartment and can't go an entire summer without yummy grilled vegetables!

    I'm a follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love reading your blog! But dont put me in for the drawing.
    I love my apron too! I become super cook!
    I used a garlic press once, but my garlic just smushed inside and never came out????

    ReplyDelete
  12. ouuuu me likey!!!


    that's awesome!! my hubby would be THRILLED with these --- he's the kitchen gadget junkie in our lil fam.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I might have to say the garlic press is my favorite. But really- if I can go to appliances my Cuisinart is my kitchen love affair. seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fun giveaway!! My favorite kitchen tool is my cuisinart frying pan. It is the perfect size and deep enough for me to add any kind of sauce to the pan w/o it overflowing. I use it for everything and I am constantly washing it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. And I'm a follower! {I'm so glad you enjoyed the recipe. We are making it again soon.}

    ReplyDelete
  16. My favorite kitchen tool would be a silicone spatula... gotta love those things! Oh yeah and I'm a follower already. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ok is it weird that wooden kitchen tools totally creep me out?!?! Because they do! The noise they make just gives me the chills! I don't know what my favorite kitchen tool is, I just realized I am lacking in the kitchen tool department!

    ReplyDelete
  18. how nice of you MOM to buy those tongs for you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. My favorite kitchen tool is my Kitchen Aid mixer! I'm in love with that thing!!!

    ReplyDelete