Places we are definitely stopping along the way:
- B&B in Hadley, NY* (Adirondacks) for our anniversary
- J's family's lake house on Lake Champlain in Westport, NY
- Clifton Springs, NY to visit a cousin of J's, his wife, and their new baby
- Niagra Falls*
- Waupaca,WI to visit J's grandfather
- Milwaukee, WI to visit a friend of J's from high school (and to hopefully drink some delicious beer)
- Chicago, IL to see a friend of mine from high school(maybe a baseball game?)
- Indianapolis, IN* to visit one last friend of mine
- Philadelphia, PA
- Northern Michigan* (most likely staying a night somewhere in this area)
- Kentucky/Ohio/West Virginia (again, looking for a place to stay overnight between Indy and coming back to Virginia)
* indicates places that neither J or I have been to visit.
So my loyal and wonderful readers, here's my job for you: please share any ideas for places we should visit, see, dine, or just plain drive through on our big summer adventure!
If you know nothing about this region of the country, no worries! Feel free to just share some of your favorite roadtrip ideas, snacks, music, etc.
We're going to be on the road for about two weeks, and we'd love to have some ideas of "must sees" along the way. If you know of a great town to visit or stay in, in Northern Michigan, please comment! The stretch between Niagra Falls and Wisconsin is going to be a long one, so we're looking for something in between to break it up a little, and we are not familiar with the area at all.