Saturday, July 25, 2009

And we're off

By the time you're reading this, we should be well on our way to Philadelphia! We got up early today to head to a Phillies/Cardinals game. Hopefully, we'll get some nice weather while we enjoy a beer or two with some peanuts!

Yesterday was technically day one of the road trip. It almost doesn't count since we just drove two hours to my parents to drop off Layla. They are graciously taking care of her for the two weeks that we'll be away. She's going to have a great time, though, as I know she'll enjoy her time with my parents' two dogs, and my mom will feed her too many table scraps.

Here's all of our food and snacks, ready to go....


And here's the back of the car, before & after we packed it...



And this would be our odometer. I hope to have another shot at the end of the trip to compare!


I'll be doing a few blog posts through out the trip, mainly to document what we've been up to. However, don't expect too much from me! I won't be keeping up with Google reader. I'm almost afraid of what it's going to look like in two weeks! I'll be tweeting from the road with J's phone, so if you want to keep up, follow me on twitter.

I hope you girls have a great two weeks! I'll miss all of your kind comments and keeping up with your lives, but I promise to catch up when I'm back for good in two weeks!

And just for fun, I have to share this picture of J and Layla that I took yesterday in the midst of packing. She's our baby...even if she does weigh sixty pounds! Melts my heart!

12 comments:

  1. Safe travels. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Drive safe- have a good trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a wonderful trip. Love the pic, too sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a great trip is planned! Be careful and have a lot of fun! We'll still be here when you get back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you have a great time! And way to be prepared with that snack kit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You guys are going to have soooo much fun!! Can't wait to read all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you're having a great time. Aww... that pic is so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. hope you're having fun! love your organized travel style!! !:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. soo fun! hope you guys are having a great time!! love the bin of snacks=)!

    ReplyDelete