Sunday, July 5, 2009

Fourth of July Recap

Our fourth of July was a pretty low key and quiet day. We had two friends come over for dinner (blue cheese and bacon burgers, sweet potato fries, corn on the cob, cupcakes) and then we all walked to the waterfront for fireworks and a bottle of wine. A pretty solid night! Although, I do have to admit that I had more food yesterday than I've had all week. What was I thinking eating so much? Oh right, I was probably thinking that I love stuffing my face with greasy burgers and tasty sweets.

And to top it all off, Lee Greenwood (the man who sings "I'm Proud To Be An American") performed at the waterfront celebration. We joked all night about how our city got him on what we're sure has to be his biggest day of the year! On any other day of the year, there's probably little demand for the guy, but you know he's gotta have a line of places wanting him to be there on July 4th!


Red velvet cupcakes with blueberries on top...except for two because J avoids fruit at all costs.


Hope you had a great holiday with your friends and family!

17 comments:

  1. Those cupcakes look yummy. You two are oh-so-cute! I'm glad it was great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummmyyy cupcakes!! Glad you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those cupcakes look good! You and your hubby are so cute! The Lee Greenwood thing is funny. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those look divine!! And ohhh I'm so envious of your tan!! Haha! You put my pale city skin to shame!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum! You look so cute baking in that sweet dress!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's such a cute picture of you two! Glad you had a great 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cupcakes look adorable (and yummy)!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your cupcakes!! Too cute!! :)

    I'm glad you had a good 4th! Ours was also low key and so nice..and you ate too much..I drank too much. I'm so not 21 anymore!! :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tell J that he is not alone. I hate fruit too! (Except for berries and citrus-- so actually i would have eaten those cupcakes)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute, little sundress! Glad you had a good holiday weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh, you're making me want a cupcake! And that picture of you two is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh my goodness.. you are an amazing lil baker!!! amazing! Looks like you had a wondeful fourth weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Why doesn't he eat fruit? It's too tasty and good for him??

    ReplyDelete
  14. Did everyone have cupcakes for the 4th but me? Look like it, I love red velvet cake, yum! Glad you had a great 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  15. sounds like a great day! (i tear up almost every time i hear that song, haha!) those cupcakes look yuuummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. All of that food sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete