Friday, July 17, 2009

Great Things!

Great Things That Have Happened in the Past 24 Hours:
  • My new straightener came in the mail! My hairdresser used this straightener on me back in April and told me she loved it way more than her old CHI. Since then, I've been contemplating whether or not I should buy it; after all my old straightener was about $25 from Target. I ordered it from Amazon on Tuesday, and it was here yesterday. I am already in love. My hair is so straight and it doesn't even start to frizz when I go out into this awful humidity we've got today. This straightener was worth every penny!
  • We went out for a seafood dinner last night thanks to my class! They gave me a $50 gift certificate for a restaurant we had never been to, and we really enjoyed it! And who doesn't love a meal that's entirely free?
  • We bought our new (to us!) car! We got an '06 Honda Pilot and I love it! We were looking at several different SUV's (mainly the Toyota Highlander & 4Runner, Honda CRV & Pilot, Volvo XC90, Subaru Forrester, and the VW Touareg) and after reading consumer reports, test driving, looking at gas mileage, and thinking about what would be best for us now and in the future, this was what we decided on. Prior to this I had a 5-speed Nissan Sentra (with no CD player, iffy cruise control, and heat that was never hot enough), so I feel like I am really moving up in the world! (PS, notice the very straight hair in this picture!)


And that's it for now! We're headed off to another wedding today for a friend of mine from college. We're going to get a chance to see both of our families and see some other friends over the weekend, as well. And best of all, we get to test the new car on a mini road trip!

12 comments:

  1. Oooh all kinds of fun things!! I may have to look into that straightener...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great! It's always fun to get to eat for free! It makes the meal even more enjoyable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for all a new straightener and car! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. *Delete the "all" from my previous comment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. just found your blog, love it!! I'm going to have to try out that straightener. I have really curly hair and it always frizzes from humidity when I iron it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the new car!! How exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! When I got my new (to me:) car, it felt so unreal! Glad you're cruising around in a newer safer vehicle!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun list! Love the new (to you) car too and the straightener. ;)

    itsheavenly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. ohhh loving the new car!! what a fantastic day for you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. sounds like a wonderful week.. I need to get a new straightener, so thanks for sharing! and congrats on the new car!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on all the new, wonderful goodies! :)
    I love the car ... it's going to be perfect for a road trip! Further down the line you're going to have to let us know how it's working out!

    ReplyDelete