Now, I'm a level headed gal just trying to finalize the details for the road trip that we leave for on Friday. Tomorrow, I'm headed to the store to stock up on car snacks. I've got a pretty solid list, but I'm still open to suggestions! And the healthier the snack, the better. I know we're going to be eating out a lot, so the healthier we can keep the snacking, the happier I'll be!
In addition to food planning, I'm trying to figure out what books to bring along. Here's what I've got and what I'm considering bringing with me....
- A Sophie Kinsella novel I got at the library. A solid chick lit option
- A Thousand Splendid Suns...a friend let me borrow her copy forever ago, and maybe I'll finally get around to reading it (thanks LES!).
- The Longest Trip Home by John Grogan (author of Marley & Me). Got this one as a Christmas gift and have not picked it up, yet.
- Blue Like Jazz...After many recommendations, I've wanted to read this for about 4 years, just never made the effort to do so. Maybe this will be the right time. I bought it about six months ago, so it's on my shelf and ready to go!
- The Daily Five...a terribly boring book I want to read before school starts to help with Language Arts. Thrilling, I know!